Due to its history, South Africa is renowned as a multicultural nation. While you can check out the usual places to meet people, the best way by far is to register for an online dating site. By doing this you are provided with the details of thousands of single men and women who are ready to date and find love. There is less pressure with online dating as you can check profiles and interests of people before communicating with them. Below is a list of some popular South African dating sites.
1. Afrointroductions.com: AfroIntroduction has wide appeal both as a spot for African people to meet online, as well as appealing to other ethnicities who may be seeking an interracial romance. The format is inviting and easy to use. Cupid Media, who are behind the site, are well known for creating appealing and intuitive websites for dating. Free account options let you do most things, the only exception being messaging other free members – for this, you need to upgrade to Gold/Platinum.
2. EliteSingles.co.za: Elite Singles offers high-end online dating to singles from successful and professional backgrounds. An advantage of this site is that ID Authentication, Manual Profile Verification, SSL Encryption and Fraud Detection Systems all work in unison to provide you with a dating platform where you can feel comfortable to share what you want, with whom you want, when you want.
3. Matchmaker.co.za: Matchmaker is one of the largest online dating sites with significant numbers of single girls and single men registered. The site has been around since 1997, so it is relatively well established. This site has both free and premium options, so you can try it out before committing to anything.
4. OKcupid.com: This is a popular site with a large user base in South Africa. OKcupid.com is a force to be reckoned with in the online dating world. It has been rated one of the best free dating sites online, and was voted by Dating Sites Reviews’ users as their favourite free dating site in 2010. OKcupid.com also earned a spot in Time Magazine’s 2007 list of the top 10 dating sites.
5. DatingBuzz.co.za: This site is free to join, but premium membership ($25/month) is required to access most features. DatingBuzz.co.za has been around since 1997, and has hundreds of thousands of users, so chances are you will be able to find that special someone.
6. LetsMeet.co.za: Again, this site is free join. An upside to this website is that is completely free for all features; there are no costly membership fees. Unfortunately, there are a limited number of members so it could be difficult to find a profile that appeals.
7. FindADate – South Africa: This dating site covers all regions and cities in South Africa. This means you just have to choose your area and / or city from the drop down box and members in your region will be displayed. The site has many other features such as winks and video messaging.